Unable to enable Apple Watch for 1Password

System
edited November 2022 in Apple Watch
This discussion was created from comments split from: new Apple Watch.

Comments

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Grey, I have the same problem that Apple Watch doesn't appear in /Preferences/Security. The link you provided doesn't address this problem. BTW this issue occurred immediately after I went through the unpairing/paring procedure with the watch and iPhone. Prior to the pairing fix 1Password was set up to use the Apple Watch. You've heard of wack-a-mole...

• Hello @Joe324! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble using your Apple Watch along with 1Password. I've split your comment into a new thread so that we can focus on the issue you're running into on your device.

Can you tell me a little more about what it is that you're trying to do? Are you trying to enable the 1Password app on your Apple Watch? Or are you trying to use the Apple Watch app to unlock the 1Password app on your Mac? Which version of 1Password are you running on your iPhone and Mac?

I look forward to hearing from you. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Dave, I want to use the watch to open 1Password. To summarize, I partially set p this feature, but using the side button on the watch did not open 1Pw. Then I followed the instruction too unpair the watch from the iPhone and then pair the two. After the pairing, to my surprise, 1Pw and the watch did not offer the the feature of the watch opening 1Pw.

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Dave, Sorry, I didn't answer your last questions. On my MacBookPro 14"(2021), 1Pw for Mac 8.9.8, but on my iPhone SE, iOs 16.1, I 'm running 1Pw 7. Well, I'll upgrade to ver, 8 on the iPhone.

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Dave, I added 1Pw 8 (and deleted 1Pw 7), paired the iPhone and watch and selected Use Apple watch to unlock.. The watch side buttons don't work,

• @Joe324

Thank you for the reply. Just to make sure that we're on the same page: an Apple Watch can be used to unlock 1Password on your Mac, the feature is not available to unlock 1Password on your iPhone.

If you're unable to unlock 1Password on your Mac using your Apple Watch then are you able to unlock the Mac itself using your Apple Watch? If you are then please try the following steps:

1. Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch").
    2. Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar: ๏ฃฟ > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Uncheck your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    3. Turn off your Mac.
    4. Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    5. Turn on your Mac.
    6. Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Check "Apple Watch").
    7. Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar: ๏ฃฟ > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Check your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")

If these steps don't work, or if you're also unable to unlock the Mac itself using the Apple Watch, then please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Dave,
    First, thanks for your help. The watch side button did not open 1Password. I shut down the MacBook; then restarted and signed in. I did nothing for 10 minutes. Then I opened two apps and then did nothing. Normally in those two scenarios the computer goes to sleep. The watch then unlocks the system.
    I selected Sleep from the Apple menu. I waited 10 minutes, then was able to unlock with the watch.
    I tried again to unlock 1Password, but the side buttons did not activate the unlock.
    Joe

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Dave, Once again I told you a story, but did not directly answer you questions. The Apple Watch in the past and now has opened the MacBook when the screen goes dark and Apple generic screen savers start. I did implement the 7 steps you outlined, but 1Password did not unlock when the watch side button was selected.
    Joe

• @Joe324

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry that you're still unable to unlock 1Password on your Mac using your Apple Watch. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

Dave,
    The email address didn't work. The error message was, "WARNING โ€œsupport+forum@1password.com.โ€ does not appear to be a valid email address. Verify the address and try again. The detailed response said, "<support+forum@1password.com.> is not a validRFC-5321 address."

• @Joe324

It looks like you have a period at the end of the email address in the error message that you posted. Can you remove the period and try sending the email again? ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• Joe324
    Joe324
    Community Member

"You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!"
    For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#TYE-22643-816]

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022

@Joe324

Thank you for the Support ID. My colleague has just sent you a reply and I recommend that we continue the conversation over email. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: TYE-22643-816

This discussion has been closed.