Chrome iOS and Passkey support

nijode999
nijode999
Community Member

So,
I am an Apple hardware/Chrome Software kinda guy.
So when passkeys were announced I was a bit scared, because I use Chrome normally for my passwords storing in the Google account. When I read about Google implementing passkeys, I only read things about storing passkeys in Google account on Android, but on Mac/phone it still uses the iCloud Keychain.
Eventually I found out about 1Password, where I can use passkeys cross-platform. So that I still can use passkeys on Chrome on Mac and then store the passkey in the password vault. The demo works great.
My question is:
Can I also use 1password in the future to login with a passkey from the password vault through
Chrome on iOS? (Because I know some things are only possible with the 1password iOS Safari extension) But I don't want to switch to safari on my iPhone
iT

Comments

• Hi @nijode999:

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed using our demo on using passkeys with 1Password, we can't wait to launch platform inter­operable passkeys in 1Password early next year in 1Password in your browsers and on your desktop. Mobile support for iOS and Android will follow, but rest assured that our team are working hard on exploring ways we can bring 1Password passkey support to other apps and browsers on your device.

Since we're only early days on taking 1Password into a passwordless future, I'd recommend signing up for our passwordless newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest news about this.

• Icewulf
    Icewulf
    Community Member

Hi all, today just found that Google supports Passkeys and through this website I also learned that Apple is already doing it. I remember that Apple does allow storing this only in iCloud. And I tried today with Google, but couldn't store it on 1Password. I did the 1Password demo too and stored that Pass Parcel Passkey, which was working fine, but I don't know how to do this with 1Password. So my question is now. Is 1Password still only in Demo, or can we add Google Passkey already to our 1Password ? And if we can, please let me know, how to do this ? Thanks a lot !

• @Icewulf

We're working hard to bring passkeys to you soon. We'll begin introducing support for passkeys across various platforms beginning in June. A couple of days ago, our Chief Product Officer wrote a quick update on our blog: Coming Soon to 1Password: Sign In to Google Using a Passkey

-Dave

• Icewulf
    Icewulf
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Thank you for your quick response. I will check the blog you mentioned and looking forward to the great news hopefully coming soon. Frank

• @Icewulf

Sounds good! We look forward to sharing more news about passkeys soon. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.