Chrome extension cannot find 1PW 8.9.8---

Options
TripleHjr
TripleHjr
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am trying to load the extension for 1PW into Chrome browser--I have gone thru all support suggestions--believe I need telephone support--long time user of 1PW on my Mac's, etc--

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.1
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension will not load

Comments

• Hello @TripleHjr! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password in Chrome. Can you tell me a little more about the issue? What happens when you try to install the extension using this link:

Do you receive an error message? Do you see the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar? If you do then what happens when you click on it?

-Dave

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

HI DAVE--I forced your message to open in Chrome (Apple Mail insists on Safari) and then went to your link in Chrome--it comes up with "Home
    
    Extensions
    
    1Password – Password Manager" and then a blue dialog box to right that says "Remove from Chrome" which to me means that the extension is installed--then it wants to give me a tour of 1PW like I'm a new subscriber--when I go to 2 symbols in upper right menu the one on right says "extensions"--if I select that I see there are 2 extensions installed and both are toggled on--one is "desktop app" and the other is "1PW -Password Manager"--this is why I requested phone conversation like you used to do when I joined in 2014--

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hey @TripleHjr let's get the classic extension that you have installed removed, as it can conflict with the new extension and it does not work with 1Password 8.

Here are the steps for that:

1. Copy and paste chrome://extensions to your Chrome browser and click Enter.
    2. Look for 1Password extension (desktop app required) and click to Remove it.
    3. Make sure that you have the new extension installed: 1Password - Password Manager
    • You very likely have it installed already but this step is here so you can double check
    1. Make sure that the new extension is pinned to Chrome's toolbar: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/#chrome

I'm sorry we do not have phone support, but the above should help with the issue you've described. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

ok--the above seemed to work in Chrome--I deleted the extra extension and all seems well--now I want to get the Firefox extension in the toolbar--I have it installed in the extensions folder but when I go to steps of "More tools-->customize toolbar" no 1PW extension is in it to drag to tool bar

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

ok--update--I removed the 1PW extension in Firefox--quit Firefox and then searched for 1PW extension and reloaded and voila!!!--it appears in header and now I have 1PW installed in all 3 browsers I use--Thanks for help--

• @TripleHjr

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get 1Password in all of your browsers. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future questions or concerns. We are always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.