1password not autofilling paypal otc in chrome, it works okay in edge

randyy
randyy
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

1password Chrome extension doesn't autofill OTC on Paypll. It works okay on Edge.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: W11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:1password not autofilling paypal otc in chrome, it works okay in edge

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @randyy, I'm unable to reproduce this issue in Chrome. Could you double check to see if there's a pending update for your Chrome browser?

If everything is up to date, then could you create a new user profile in Chrome, install only 1Password in it, and then test how the OTP fills on PayPal.com?

Let us know how things go!

• randyy
    randyy
    Community Member

Reinstalled Chrome, used a new profile and it worked 1 time.

• Hey @randyy,

Thank you for getting back to us.

This behaviour does seem strange, can you let me know what happened when you tried it a second time? Did it fill incorrectly or did 1Password not fill the field at all? Are you able to fill it if you click on the 1Password icon in you browser toolbar and copy and paste the code into the field?

Any information you can provide on the steps you're taking would be most useful.

• randyy
    randyy
    Community Member

You can type “CTRL + \” then left click in any of the 5 un-highlighted OTC data entry fields and the OTC is auto filled. Kind of clunky compared to using the extension in Edge.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@randyy I saw that you sent us a ticket. Let's work on the issue you're seeing from there!

• randyy
    randyy
    Community Member

ok

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @randyy 🙂 - We'll keep the conversation going on the ticket Joy mentioned!

This discussion has been closed.