Sharing pw's with a business account?

he2
he2
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Business and Teams

I have a Families account. Meanwhile, my client has a Business 1Password account we just set up for her.

The goal is to have her share certain pw's for systems she sets up that need my support.

So she invited me to her "team" and I got an invite and accepted it. So far so good!

When I looked in my 1Password app, I could see the account in my dropdown at the top left. At least for a while.

But I couldn't see it in my mobile app and I don't think I could in my web app version of 1PW, but I'm not certain about that last bit.

A couple days ago, I clicked on her account in my 1PW app on the Macbook and it ask me to login with the pw that I used when I accpeted the invite.

So I did.

The whole account vanished!

Is there some fundamental issue with sharing between Biz and Families account types?

What could be happening here?

Some more info: a few days ago (last week) I sat and watched over her shoulder and could see I was a member of her team. So I'm pretty sure all is set up correctly on her end.

What do I do?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @he2,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with this new account. All of the 1Password apps are compatible with all kinds of 1Password accounts and include the ability to sign into multiple accounts at once. To help troubleshoot what may have happened in your case, I think it would be best for us to discuss this privately over email. Please send a message to support@1password.com and mention this post on our community site so we can help you investigate.

Thank you,

• he2
    he2
    Community Member

Hi @ScottS1P , Thanks. I did actually do that on Monday, 4:11pm Eastern before I found this community again. Haven't heard back...

• Hello @he2,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back from our support team, but I'd be happy help get this fixed up. I've just sent an email to the address associated with your community account, so please be on the lookout for that and reply back when you get it. Also double check your spam folder in case our team replied and it got sent to spam.

Thank you,

• he2
    he2
    Community Member

@ScottS1P I was wrong. Support did answer 2 days ago. But I had to search for it to find it for some reason. So all good here now. I'm replying to their emails. Thanks!!

• @he2

I'm happy to hear that you were able to locate our support team's emails. I see that you've replied and our support team will get back to you as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: VTN-63455-579

This discussion has been closed.