Autofill not working on Starling app

arjwiz09
arjwiz09
Community Member

Hi,

I am using 1Password 8.9.3 on my Android11 on my OnePlus 8T phone.

When upgrading from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8 a few weeks ago, I lost the ability to autofill my password in my banking app, Starling Bank.

I used to be able to do this easily. I use this app multiple times a day to make payments, and 1P would autofill the password via Biometrics. Now, 1P does not show the option to fill the password on the password screen of the Starling app. What is further bizarre is that 1P actually shows the option to fill the password on the NEW PAYEE ACCOUNT screen of the Starling app, in the "Account Number" field. This indicates that the two apps are indeed talking to each other, but 1P fails to display the autofill when needed - on the password field.

I have tried reinstalling both apps, though that did not solve the issue.

Has anyone been able to replicate or resolve this issue?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Browser:_ Starling App

Comments

• Hello @arjwiz09, thanks for letting us know about this issue.

It looks like you wrote in via email with the same question. If that's the case, lets continue the conversation there. If that's not the case, or you haven't received a reply from the support team, just let me know!

ref: NVL-62123-988

• nuthatch67
    nuthatch67
    Community Member

Was this resolved, I have the same issue?

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023

Hey @nuthatch67, I've tested the Starling app and confirm that the behaviour is the same. I'll pass this report along to our development team to investigate.

In the meantime, you can drag and drop your credentials from 1Password into Starling.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/core/core#16229

• nuthatch67
    nuthatch67
    Community Member

Thank you. Not sure drag and drop works on a phone size screen? I have to switch apps and copy and paste.

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023

Hey @nuthatch67, depending on your device, split screen mode can equate to two apps side by side or two apps sitting on top of one another. I just checked that the Starling app does support split screen mode, so you should be able to drag and drop your credentials from 1Password into Starling!

This discussion has been closed.