Dropbox sync makes app crash

lalinsch
lalinsch
Community Member
Hello, the 1Password twitter account told me to write an issue I'm having with Dropbox syncing ever since 1Password 4 for iOS came out.

Since 1Password for Mac still doesn't support iCloud syncing, I chose my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 (both on iOS 6) to sync through Dropbox in the new 1Password app. Everytime I've tried to sync this way the app suddenly crashes and asks me if I want to send a crash report. I've already read other threads in this forum and none of them seem to work for me.

I've tried moving the 1Password keychain out and then back in to the 1Password folder in Dropbox.
I have deleted the iCloud sync data (this made me lose some wallet items I had added on my iPhone)
But still, I normally add everything through the Mac app and it's very frustrating that I had to pay for the new version of 1Password for iOS. I wanted to switch back to the old version until they fixed this problem but it's no longer on the App Store (bye bye $15).

Can anybody think of a way of fixing this?

Comments

• lalinsch
    lalinsch
    Community Member
    nevermind, fixed it by rebuilding the 1Password library file... delete this post please :(
  • lalinsch wrote:

nevermind, fixed it by rebuilding the 1Password library file

Thanks for the update lalinsch, I'm glad Dropbox syncing is working for you now.

With that said, I'm surprised a data file rebuild was required. There must have been a special item in your data file we weren't expecting. If this ever happens again please let us know and we'll try to find the root cause.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    My guess is that the required pointer file [font=courier new,courier,monospace].ws.agile.1Password.settings[/font] had been deleted. A data file rebuild regenerates it so the mobile apps can find the data file.
This discussion has been closed.