Feature Request - Prompt to save password when locked

Options

I have moved over from Bitwarden and one feature I miss is the ability to save a password when 1password is locked. I am asking if there can be a setting option added that when enabled, would cause 1password to prompt to save password even when 1password is locked. I don't think there is any harm in capturing passwords when locked. Obviously providing a password when locked would be bad.

I don't always remember to check that 1password is unlocked when I browse and sometimes, I want to sign up for a new service and this cause a detour as I must first remember to unlock 1password before I continue with registration so I can save my password.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: Windows 22H2
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:Feature Request

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @3rgon, our old extension used to prompt users and ask if they wanted to save a password even if 1Password was locked. I can understand why you'd want such a feature, and I'll pass along the feedback to our team. I can't make any promises but I do hope that this will be an option again in the future.

IDEA-I-645

• 3rgon
    3rgon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for letting me know, totally understand there can't be any promise of delivery, I can only hope that it's reconsidered as a feature to bring forward. Happy thanksgiving.

• You're welcome @3rgon, Happy Thanksgiving!

This discussion has been closed.