How to deactivate 2 factor authentication via app after selling a phone?

Options

Hi,

Recently sold my phone and reset it with the authentication app. Can’t seem to deactivate that without logging in to the website. Is there a way to switch it to a cell number or setup Authenticator on the new phone without being blocked to login to the web without the code.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to deactivate 2 factor

Comments

• Hey @Biggbruvv

I see that you have gotten in contact with us via email. For privacy and security reasons, let us continue our conversation privately!

ref: ILR-83945-819

• Biggbruvv
    Biggbruvv
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Joshua,

Still have not heard from anyone to help with this. Please advise.

THanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Biggbruvv, it looks like your ticket was routed to our Security team. I'm unable to view the ticket, and we are a bit short staffed this week because of the holidays. However, I will ask our Security folks to take a look at your ticket and they will reply to you as soon as they can. Thanks for your patience!

• Andrew_AG
    Andrew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there. Joshua actually replied to your initial email a few minutes after we received it, and I see that we’ve replied to the email you sent yesterday as well. Can you check your Junk Mail folder to see if our replies might have gotten stuck in there, by any chance?

This discussion has been closed.