I just recovered my account and can log in via the web, but cannot use the desktop (mac) app.

russellcast
russellcast
Community Member

I just recovered my mom's family user account. She can log into the web 1Password but not the desktop app 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009) . I can't reset the old password on the desktop I guess? There isn't an option under troubleshooting any more to reset data. What do I do
Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOSx Big Sur
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:reset information on mac

Comments

• @russellcast

I'm afraid it's more of a manual process at this time with 1Password 8. With the account going through recover please pay close attention to the last set of instructions below. This will set aside the current database and allow you to create another that can be unlocked after that recovery.

1. 🛑 Make sure you have your Emergency Kit and know her account password and all data is contained on 1Password.com.
    2. Quit 1Password and all browser for good measure. Right-click 1Password in the menu bar (If it's there) and click Quit.
    3. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...
      In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

4. Press Return.

5. You'll see a folder called Data – right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".
    6. Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    7. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password 8. You'll be taken through the setup process.
    • If you see a found account when you open the app make sure to use the option for sign in with a different account and supply the details from. her Emergency Kit.
  • jasmemphis
    jasmemphis
    Community Member

thank goodness for those of you who know how to teach me,

• @jasmemphis

We're here to help! Let me know if you're running into the same issue as the original poster and if you need any further assistance. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.