Feature Request - Provide password generator when creating a new web account

When I signed up to this forum, I needed to create an account as I'm a first-time user. When I clicked on Sign-Up, I was presented with a form to complete my registration. After entering my email address, 1password prompted me to save this, I clicked on this, and it opened the web extension. However, when I clicked on the password field, there was no option to generate a password.

When I clicked on the password field in the form, I was offered a password generator.

I think this falls under UX and workflow. It can be confusing using the product when you get multiple prompts and these prompts do not intuitively make sense. Being new to 1password I'm sure I will learn the nuances of the product and after a while I will simply know what to do, however the first few interaction are a bit confusing IMHO.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 22H2
Browser:_ Edge (chrome)
Referrer: forum-search:Feature Request

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @3rgon, you have a great point about the UX and workflow here. I will share your thoughts about this with our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need help or have any further feedback to share!

• 3rgon
    3rgon
    Community Member

Thanks again for your response, much appreciated.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@3rgon You're welcome!

IDEA-I-2295

• domints
    domints
    Community Member

Hey 1Password team! I +1 that concept. It would be awesome to be able to spawn this password generator popup I can see in your app on the website, just like you spawn "use this password", or "save login details" popups.

It could be an option like "use this password [some generated password]" like you do now and below it "or generate different one" which spawns generator.

I'm moving from LastPass and LastPass has this option which I will be missing pretty much if I make the final decision to move to 1Password.
    It's much more showing off their password generator, I think there is plenty to get inspired from (but also plenty to do better!)

• Hey @domints,

I'm sorry the delay in getting back to you!

I appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feedback on ways in which we can improve 1Password. I have passed on your use case to our product team along with your suggestion for spawning the password generator from the inline menu.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

ref: PB-29752687

This discussion has been closed.