Finger print prompt does not come up, if I click on the 1PW-Icon in a password field...

swfischer
swfischer
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

... but it comes up when I click on the icon of the safari extension at the top end of the safari window. Both bring up the same kind of 1PW window, but only the one on the safari top brings up the fingerprint window. Why this?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 12.6.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @swfischer,

When 1Password is locked and you hover over the 1Password icon in a field does the tooltip say 'Open 1Password'? As you say, clicking on this icon should bring up the TouchID prompt to unlock.

Can you also give the below steps a try and let me know if the behaviour is the same?

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on!

• swfischer
    swfischer
    Community Member

Sorry Steph,

does not work here... !

If I click on the icon in the field, I only get the login prompt.

If I click on the icon in the menu bar brings up both, login window and the TouchID prompt.

• Thank you for getting back to me @swfischer,

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs to see if it gives us any clues as to what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• swfischer
    swfischer
    Community Member

Here you are.. thanks for your help.

[#AJR-93989-153]

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @swfischer - I can see the ticket, and we've sent a response to continue troubleshooting with you there! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.