Add "Sign in with" item on iOS

rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

Hi,

I was trying to create a new login on iOS. The new login was one that used "Sign in with". I created a field for it and clicked the option that allows me to choose the account that it uses for sign in and I was greeted by the list in the screenshot.

I have a few accounts with both Google, Facebook and Apple etc. Some are multiple for myself and some are accounts of other people.

Either way, there's no way from that list to easily decipher which account is the one I need to select. Could ore details be included in the list under the titles, maybe small text for email or username or something similar?

There just needs more context adding for those listed items.

Thanks,
Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Any comments on this from 1PW? It needs something doing as it's not clear right now.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Heeeeelllllloooooooooo....??

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Echo echo echo.....

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2022

@rctneil

echo echo echo. 😆

Sorry, it looks like you got dropped by the wayside. I'll get a bug report filed for this. That said, we appreciate you helping us out here. I see the same behavior in our nightly with 7 (family) blank Apple ID suggestions.

With our two screenshots I think we can get the point across. 😉

ref: dev/core/core#18100

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Thank you so much.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Please can you post back here when there is a fix to this? Thanks

• I'll do my very best.

• jfmiles94
    jfmiles94
    Community Member

@rctneil - For the life of me I cannot find the option you have pictured, here. Has it been rolled-back? Are you using a nightly build? My iOS app doesn't show any option like this, and I'm desperate to use it rather than going into my iCloud settings every time I want to check whether an app/website uses sign-in with Apple, or playing roulette on sign-in with Google on whether I've done so for an app/service, and if so WHICH account I did it with.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

@jfmiles94 soo sorry I missed your reply.

I’ve just tried this again and you are right, I cannot find it. Not for a new item or when editing an item.

1PW: where’s it gone? It’ is very useful to be able to add a single sign on site to an item on iOS! S long as the small UX issue I mentioned above was resolved!

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

I would also like to know where this functionality has gone.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Anyone know?

• Stellarspace
    Stellarspace
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

I wonder when they’re going to add it back with the fix. I can only add that field on the Desktop app.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

I'd also love an update from the team about where this has gone etc? .

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Hello? echo echo echo

@dteare. Sorry, Had to ping someone from 1Password. I do feel at times as though certain threads seem to either get lost/ignored. Only pinging you as you're the only 1Password person username I can recall right now!

• meowzz
    meowzz
    Community Member

Having same issue here, cannot find the option to add “sign in with” on iOS.

• Hey @jfmiles94 @rctneil @hegguardo @Stellarspace @meowzz:

I do apologise for the delay in reaching back out to everyone here. It looks like this feature was implemented in early TestFlight builds of version 8.9.7 but didn't quite make its way to the full release on iOS like it has in our desktop apps. However, I've brought it up with the development team and I'll be sure to report back once there's movement on this!

In the meantime, you can continue adding this field in the desktop 1Password app and it will appear in the iOS app as expected.

• meowzz
    meowzz
    Community Member

@jac.pd_1p Thanks for the confirmation and update.

• jfmiles94
    jfmiles94
    Community Member

Really hope we get the feature added on mobile again soon! Extremely useful but 9 times out of 10 when adding a new login I'm doing so from mobile. Thanks!

• @jfmiles94

I absolutely agree with you, I also mostly add new login items using the iOS app and the ability to add a Sign in with field to an item was super handy! I've let the team know this is something you'd like to see in the app and I'll pop back in this thread when we have something to share regarding the feature :)

• Hey again @jfmiles94 @rctneil @hegguardo @Stellarspace @meowzz

I was just about to head off for the weekend before I remembered this thread and how I promised to update everyone about this feature.

I’m happy to share that you can now add a Sign In With field to your login items in 1Password for iOS 8.10.0, in addition to all the new features we announced a few weeks ago over on the blog: https://blog.1password.com/better-more-useful-1password/

Hope you all give it a try and let me know how you find using it :)

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

Super, thanks @jac.pd_1p !!

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Appreciate the notice @jac.pd_1p .

One comment, The original reason why I posted this topic (see OP), is still an issue. It's not clear which item is which at times,

Can this be made clearer?

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

This is still causing a major issue for me. Any updates or comments on here?

• @rctneil

I don't have any updates to share at the moment and I see that this is still on our developer's backlog to look into. When, or if, changes are made you'll see them mentioned in our release notes: 1Password Releases 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.