IP app icon

Options

Hi, good morning,
After my last Mac beta update, the 1password app icon looks very different - see image. I've done the obvious reboot but curious about what you'd suggest doing
next!
Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Ventura 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

We are all seeing this I believe

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

@iamecho This is by design. This is the new logo specific to beta versions. That's why it has the blueprint style (mimicking Apple's TestFlight icon I assume).

Don't you like it?

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

yup-me too. Wasn't sure if it meant that 1P was unlocked or if it's the default. now and it seems to be the default. No problem-wish the iOS version had a better icon (7 did, interestingly)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@rctneil I like it very much, just wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.

• RustyIron
    RustyIron
    Community Member
    Options

The new icon looks cool, but frankly, it's the only reason I'm viewing the forum right now.

I could find no mention of the new icon in the docs, and I get a little agitated when my computer starts behaving in ways that I don't expect. That's why I had to come here.

Thanks!

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@Rustylron The same here - I searched everything I could think of in the forum to see posts about the new icon, and when I didn't find anything, I decided my computer was having issues 🤣

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    Options

I also enjoy this so much more than the old beta icon. Cool change.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using beta build on Windows 11 and iOS, but there seems to be no change. The Windows icon in the taskbar only looks a bit more blue.

In the Start menu, it looks like the normal icon.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I have to correct myself. Just got the latest beta build for 1Password for Windows and now the new beta-icon is enabled.

Community Member
    Options

Any plan to update the windows tray icon ? (it still looks like an old black and white icon ?)

This discussion has been closed.