1PW does not open on an app

Options
barryagrant
barryagrant
Community Member

I cannot create a new account on New Jersey Transit. Please help.

Comments

• Hey @barryagrant :

Do you happen to have a link to the app? I'd like to test it out on my end if possible. Thanks so much!

Alvin

• barryagrant
    barryagrant
    Community Member
    Options

I can’t access credit card info on this app

• barryagrant
    barryagrant
    Community Member
    Options

Just checking back on my now 1 week old problem.

• @barryagrant

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've tested the "NJ TRANSIT Mobile App" on my iPhone and it looks like the email and password fields on the account creation page in the app aren't being detected by Password AutoFill. AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS so we are unable to control which fields get identified and filled when you tap inside of an app since 1Password only provides the data for the experience. I recommend reporting the issue to the developer of the app so that they can fix the issue.

In the meantime, you can do the following:

1. Create a new Login Item using the main 1Password app on your iPhone: Create and edit items
    2. Add your email address in the Login Item and generate a password that matches the requirements of the "NJ TRANSIT Mobile App" app: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords
    3. Save the Login Item.
    4. Copy and paste the email address and password into the "NJ TRANSIT Mobile App": Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• barryagrant
    barryagrant
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, Again, your suggestion for addressing my problem requires me to do a work around with 1P8 that I did not have to do with 1P7.

• @barryagrant

Password AutoFill is handled by iOS so it doesn't make a difference if you're using 1Password 8 or 1Password 7 (or another password manager entirely): the detection and filling of fields inside of other iOS apps will work the same way since it's handled by iOS and not 1Password.

I've just tested 1Password 7 on my iPhone and I see the same behaviour inside of that app that I see when using 1Password 8: Password AutoFill is not detecting the email address or password field on the account creation screen. It's possible that the developers of the app made a change since the last time that you created a new account.

Password AutoFill does identify the fields on the Login page in the app, when using 1Password 7 or 1Password 8.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.