Autofill Support Request: Standard Notes Passcode Lock

jaspal
jaspal
Community Member
edited November 2022 in iOS

Hi,

I was wondering if support for Standard Notes' passcode lock could be added. Since it is largely built from a web app the URL for the passcode lock changes each time to a different file path.

I understand that this is a niche issue and that I might be the only person who uses this.

1Password Version: Latest Mobile 2022.11.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jaspal! 👋

On iOS we rely on Password AutoFill to detect and fill fields in other iOS apps (aside from Safari where we do have an extension). When you tap on the passcode lock field in Standard Notes do you see the Password AutoFill prompt appear above the keyboard?

If you do then you can fill a password from 1Password using that prompt. If you don't see the prompt appear then it means that Password AutoFill is not detecting that field as a password field. This is something that would need to be changed by the developer of the app. 🙂

-Dave

• jaspal
    jaspal
    Community Member

Hi Dave,

The option appears, however when the app tries to locate the right login it can't find it because part of the "URL" changes each time.

SUGGESTIONS FOR FILE:///PRIVATE/VAR/CONTAINERS/BUNDLE/ APPLICATION/{redacted - changing ID}
    STANDARDNOTES.APP/WEB.BUNDLE/SRC/INDEX.HTML

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022

@jaspal

Thank you for the reply. Our developers have looked into this and can confirm that this would need to be fixed by the app developer. The app is sending iOS that URL which is then passed on to 1Password itself, we only capture what iOS sends us.

I recommend reporting the issue to Standard Notes so that they can see why their app is sending that kind of URL to iOS Password AutoFill.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#13544

• jaspal
    jaspal
    Community Member

Hi Dave, thank you for your help and time. You can close this thread if you’d like.

• @jaspal

I'm happy that I was able to help clarify things. As requested, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.