Broken 2FA filling for *.bamboohr.com in 1Password 8

deviantintegral
deviantintegral
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

https://demo.bamboohr.com/login.php?r=/home/ works by first having a form to log in, and then a special custom UI on the following page for a TOTP code. In 1Password 8, the field won't autofill at all.

The thing is, I'm not sure if it was autofilling in 1Password 7, or if I just had muscle memory to paste in the 2FA code. So either:

• 2FA filling is broken on this site.
  • Or, the feature from 1P7 to automatically copy 2FA codes to the clipboard is broken or missing.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @deviantintegral! Sorry for not replying earlier. I did visit the link that you shared but I'm unable to get to the page with the TOTP field. Would you be able to collect the details for that page and then send it over to us?

1. Navigate to the site and autofill your username and password.
    2. On the one-time password page, right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file to an email and send it to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member

Hi, I opened a support request via my business account a few days ago because I didn't get a response here. Let's post a summary or note here when it's fixed.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @deviantintegral, could you let me know your Support ID/ticket number? I will look for the ticket and help from there.

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member

Thanks Joy, it's #MSI-29771-934 - it's resolved now.

For others, it seems like BambooHR's 2FA screen doesn't work with Universal Autofill, and a bug report has been filed with the 1Password dev team. Since I imagine 1Password is using the same accessibility APIs as other tools, I'm going to ask if someone at my company can check to see if there's an accessibility issue and if so also file a bug with BambooHR.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@deviantintegral Thanks for the update! I'm glad that you got a response and that a bug report has been filed. If you need help with anything else, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.