Why am I still using 1Password?

learning curve
learning curve
Community Member

I don't know what's happened to 1Password. I've used it it practically since it was first published and loved and recommended it. I used standalone until sync issues made it more sensible to get a membership. I upgraded toVersion 8 which made everything difficult and non-intuitive. Went back to 7.9. Now Mini doesn't work, full app only opens everything instead of passwords related to the site (which Mini used to do). Autofill has disappeared, so I have to copy/paste passwords. I can't find a password generator. I might as well be using Web Confidential. Will 1Password ever recover?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @learning curve! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into a few issues with 1Password 8. As a start, please make sure that you've installed 1Password in the browser:

This will allow you to save and fill passwords so that you don't have to copy and paste. 1Password in the browser will automatically suggest a secure password right on the webpage, or you can create a custom password: Create a custom password

1Password Mini has been replaced with Quick Access which allows you convenient access to your items from within any other app. You can find our guide here: Get to know Quick Access

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.