1Password and Microsoft Remote Desktop

When using Microsoft Remote Desktop (installed from the Microsoft Store; separate from the Windows "Remote Desktop Connection" application), 1Password (installed locally, not on the remote machine) does not list the Remote Desktop application windows in the "Type in window" selection. I see choices for Slack and Outlook and Chrome, but nothing from Remote Desktop. To be clear, I am not expecting to see window choices for applications running on the remote PC; I'm only looking for windows from the Remote Desktop application running locally.

Dragging and dropping the password from the 1Password app into Remote Desktop window just pastes a few characters that aren't even part of the field I'm dragging and dropping. For instance, if I drag and drop my username into the Remote Desktop window, only "x" shows up. There is no "x" in my username. When dragging my password into the window, I get 3 characters, only 1 of which even appears in my password.

I can copy on the local PC and then paste on the remote PC, but that is blocked when trying to unlock the remote PC after it's timed out. So I can log in easily enough but trying to unlock the remote PC is a big pain.

Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.2.3000.0

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Browser:_ Chrome 107

Comments

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2022

Hi @Authority

Thank you for writing in. This seems to be a known issue that are devs are currently investigating. I will reach out to them and see if they have any troubleshooting or need any diagnostic information from you.

Thank you for your patience.

ref: 18469

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member

Check the keyboard mode. You will want it set to Unicode.

Menu:
    Connections=>Keyboard Mode=>Unicode

This discussion has been closed.