Need to type password to open 1 password all the time on iPad

Options
rthiker
rthiker
Community Member
edited November 2022 in iOS

Every time I close iPad and reopen I need to re enter to open 1Password on safari browser. No option to use Face ID, always must type in password over and over.

Comments

• rthiker
    rthiker
    Community Member
    Options

I want to talk to a real person on the phone about why I have to re enter the 1Password password every time I auto fill.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I want to talk to a tech employee

• rthiker
    rthiker
    Community Member
    Options

Every time I close iPad and reopen I need to re enter to open 1Password on safari browser. No option to use Face ID, always must type in password over and over.

• rthiker
    rthiker
    Community Member
    Options

• Hello @rthiker! 👋

I've merged the multiple threads that you created on the public forum into one. 👍 You can also reach our support team directly by sending an email to support@1Password.com

I'm sorry that you're unable to use Face ID to unlock 1Password for Safari on your iPad. Can you tell me if you're able to unlock the main 1Password app itself using Face ID? If you are then can you try the following steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Then close Safari and re-open it and try to fill a login. Are you still prompted for your account password?

-Dave

• rthiker
    rthiker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the feed back. I'm just doing the work around by opening 1 password (by typing in the username and password) and copying and pasting usernames and passwords for websites.. 1 Password app will not open using Face ID, and I have tried all the suggestions.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

@rthiker

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like you might be running into a known issue that our developers are investigating. So that I can confirm this, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#15937

• rthiker
    rthiker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the feed back. I'm just doing the work around by opening 1 password (by typing in the username and password) and copying and pasting usernames and passwords for websites.. 1 Password app will not open using Face ID, and I have tried all the suggestions. #LYG-12145-387

• @rthiker

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that one of my colleagues has reached out and I suggest continuing the conversation over email. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

ref: LYG-12145-387

This discussion has been closed.