what is this? Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b

dman1
dman1
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I get this when first launching 1password to login. I appears 3-4 times but then I can sine in

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:error - Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b

Comments

• dman1
    dman1
    Community Member

Windows 11, 1Password version 7.9.832, browsers Edge and Chrome

• Hello @dman1,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been encountering when launching 1Password 7 for Windows. As this is related to a legacy version of 1Password, I have moved this post to the appropriate section of the forums.

I wanted to note that 1Password 8 for Windows is now available. If you are using a 1Password account, does this help with this issues you are encountering?

If you are not using a 1Password account, I'd encourage you to engage with our migrations team at support+tradein@1password.com for further information.

In the meantime, this error feels like a system issue, and I'd like to ask you to try the following to see if this helps with this exception processing message:
    1. Make sure that you have all available Windows updates installed.
    1. Run System File Checker (SFC) and see if it finds any issues on your PC, fix them if it does and reboot: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support
    1. Download the .NET Framework Repair Tool, launch it, and let me know if it finds (and fixes) any issues: Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

If you have any other questions, please let us know - we'll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.