Face ID Not Working [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Comments

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

One think that seems to work so far: having both v7 and v8 on my iPhone, using v8 for regular (non-Safari) use and enabling the 1PW7 extension in Safari's preferences. Today, oddly, the v8 extension works and the v7 one asked for my password, so YMMV.

• ShawnDCallahan
    ShawnDCallahan
    Community Member

I’m having the same problem. Actually, I’m happy to find others with it, but a little worried that it has been happening since August. I also had to reset my settings to fix another problem, and 1P faceID hasn’t worked since.

• pa1ar
    pa1ar
    Community Member

just bumping this on 29.11.22 because i can’t do anything else.

this is just sad that subscription is no guarantee whatsoever of high quality service. i don’t really understand what i am monthly paying for anymore.

• kagariii
    kagariii
    Community Member

When using Face ID to login iOS app, I get “that did not work”. Tried disabling and rre a long Face ID, reinstalling the app, neither worked.

• wmmeyers
    wmmeyers
    Community Member

Face ID does not open 1Password on my iPhone using 1Password 8 and latest iOS.

• Timvanw
    Timvanw
    Community Member

I’ve been following this tread for months now and I’ve installed the app updates but I still have to enter my master password every time I’m trying to use the app in safari or just the app itself. This would be bad for a free app, worse for a paid app but unforgivable for the subscription I’ve been paying. When can I expect a solution?

• simkjels
    simkjels
    Community Member

Face ID has not been working for me in over a month and I’m tired of using the long, cumbersome master password to login every time I use the app - which happens to be multiple times a day. Please fix this. As a paying customer, I beg you.

• johnnyxhuynh
    johnnyxhuynh
    Community Member

I have the same issue and have sent a message to support@1password.com.

• dchiuten
    dchiuten
    Community Member

I’ve been having this issue for over a month as well. I’m just using 1password 7 because 8 is unusable in this state. PLEASE fix this!

• vaughngo
    vaughngo
    Community Member

I’ve been an avid user of 1Password for years. But, I’m moving all my commonly used passwords to the native password app on my device, until this FaceID issue is fixed. This has been a huge pain.

• Ragge75
    Ragge75
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

I´m also having this issue now on my iPad. It started yesterday after I reset all settings on my iPad running iPadOS 16.1.1. I have tried reinstalling 1Pass, and all the other trick´s with no success. Works great on my iPhone.

Was about to install 1Password 7, but it seems to have been removed from the App Store 😓

• eravila
    eravila
    Community Member

Same case. I upgraded to 1Password8 several weeks ago. No issues but two days ago I have to reset all settings and this feature is not working any more.

• Jcornetto
    Jcornetto
    Community Member

Has anybody tried installing the beta, what is it 8.9.9?

• Allioaks86
    Allioaks86
    Community Member

How do I download iPassword 7? I can't find it on the App list. Arrggghhh!!

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
  • eravila
    eravila
    Community Member

Thanks. I'm opting for a downgrade.

• jjochen
    jjochen
    Community Member

You don’t need to delete1pw 8. You can use both side by side.

• ocsg
    ocsg
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

So frustrated.
    Every time I need to use the app for anything, I have to type in my lengthy password.
    The app will then close after I use it for 1 auto fill and I have to start all over again for the next one.

I get an error that says I have to type in my PW to use facial login so I do. And then it doesn’t.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I don’t think the developer left😃 So far 1PW 8 has worked perfectly for me on both my iPad Pro and iPhone. I had hesitated installing it till about a month ago because of the concerns I saw referred to here. There has been no Face ID issue. But I have never reset my settings on any iOS device ever. I don’t know why that would ever be done under any normal circumstances. But that seems to have triggered the issue which seems to be some problem between iOS and 1PW 8. Version 7 was also working properly for me which is why I had not bothered with 8 until recently. I could still revert to it if needed but so far that’s not necessary.

• Ragge75
    Ragge75
    Community Member

My problem started after i reset settings on my iPad. Something I will never do again, as it didn´t solve my problem (not related to 1Pass), but it gave me a whole lot of other issues like no notification in iMessage and more…. So today I was fed up, and restored my iPad (and phone), and now FaceID works in 1Password 8 on both 😁

This discussion has been closed.