1Password extension for Chrome not working

Options

I have installed the 1Password extension for Chrome version 2.3.8, and Chrome says it's active, but when I try the keyboard shortcut of command + | (like I do in Safari), it reads "Nothing to show." Logging into the same site in Safari allows me to autofill with the same keyboard shortcut. I had been using the Chrome extension successfully for years, but not it doesn't work.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome 105.0.5195.125

Comments

• whoopingcrane
    whoopingcrane
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, just starting today.

• macOS 12.6.1 (21G217)
    • Chrome 108.0.5359.30 (Official Build) beta (x86_64)
    • 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 80700098, on PRODUCTION channel
    • 1Password Chrome extension 2.4.1 ID aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

Clicking on the 1Password icon in the Chrome toolbar does nothing: no pop-down menu, nothing. No 1Password icon in the username & password fields.

Last time it worked was yesterday night. No joy when I launched Chrome on my desktop just about 30 minutes ago.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dougmckown, are you still running into this issue? Let me know and I'll be happy to help.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @whoopingcrane,

It sounds like the extension is having a hard time communicating with the 1Password app in order to unlock in the browser. To fix that, please try the following:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

Let me know how that goes!

• whoopingcrane
    whoopingcrane
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P It recovered some time ago, but I don't remember when or if I did anything specific to fix it. Definitely working for at least the last 2 weeks.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@whoopingcrane Glad to hear that things are going well now! Feel free to reach out again any time you need help. If for some reason, you do not hear from us here in the forum, please feel free to reach out to us at support@1Password.com.

This discussion has been closed.