Dark Icon for Chrome

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to get a dark version of the icon for the Chrome 1Password extension? The classic extension had an icon that blended well with Chrome's dark mode, but the latest version of the current extension does not seem to provide this despite having selected "Dark Mode".

If it is not available, it would be nice to have it in a future update as it is a little jarring and doesn't blend well.

I have included screenshots for comparison.

Classic Extension Icon (Preferred/Desired Color scheme):

Current Extension Icon with Dark Mode enabled:

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hello @omque,

We used to have the option to change 1Password's icon before. However, as blue is the color of 1Password, we decided to remove the option to switch icons in a later 1Password update. That said, if you find the dark icon works better for you. I will open a feature request to the development team for further consideration. Please stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

• omque
    omque
    Community Member

Hi @Nhat_Nguyen

Yes that would be great if you could open a feature request. It is very jarring in dark mode and defeats the purpose. It is entirely the reason why I have not yet bothered to update until I absolutely have to.

I think it’s a minor option to offer to users given that it was once part of the feature set. Thank you.

• Hello @omque, Got it. I will add a feature request and add you to the user requests list to add more weight to it. Please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

IDEA-I-383

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Nhat_Nguyen !

However, as blue is the color of 1Password, we decided to remove the option to switch icons in a later 1Password update.

Sounds good. But why you decided to change the 1Password icon in version 8 into a dark one on Windows? 😁

I would love to switch the icon in the browser extension and the Windows desktop app and to decide by my own if I want to have a dark or a colored one. 😉

• Hello @DenalB,

I understand. I will add you to the list as well. It will add more weigh to the feature.

• giopiar
    giopiar
    Community Member

As I stated in another thread, Safari icon looks inconsistent, too.
    v7 was well integrated with Safari UI, the new one feels like "wrong"
    I know you want icon to look consistent in every browser and OS, but it would be great to have at least a Mac-friendly icon in this new electron era ;-)

• 1pwdnoob
    1pwdnoob
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

+1 for ability/addition of a dark-themed icon.

• @giopiar & @1pwdnoob

Thanks for the feedback here! I can definitely see the value of being able to customize the icon to your personal preferences. While I can't say for sure when or if this will be available, I've added your voice to the request for our development team to take it into consideration. 😊

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1089

• 1pwdnoob
    1pwdnoob
    Community Member

Thanks, @ag_chantelle !

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@1pwdnoob On behalf of Chantelle, you're welcome!

• mgress
    mgress
    Community Member

I too would like for it to be customizable. For the icon in the status bar of desktop app, I would like for mine to be blue like it used to be, instead of black as it is now.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mgress I've added your vote to this feature request. Thanks for reaching out about it!

IDEA-I-592

This discussion has been closed.