1pw keeps lock itself

Hi,

latest beta on Firefox (2.4.6) keeps lock itself after unlocking so it is unusable at this time.

behavior :

• unlock 1pw
  • go to a website to login
  • try to fill with 1pw extension (either by choosing via drop-down menu or use auto-fill button)
  • 1pw extension locks itself (the 1pw app is still unlocked)
  • happened either with "integrate with the app" or not

Cheers

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: 2.4.6
OS Version: win 11
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Edison517
    Edison517
    Community Member

I was just going to report the same issue. I hope it gets fixed soon, I can't live without 1P!

• Edison517
    Edison517
    Community Member

@Ben any update on this issue?

• Edison517
    Edison517
    Community Member

@Ashokleyland I removed the 1P extension and reinstalled it and now it seems to work properly.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

@Edison517 Yep it works fine. Thanks for the tip. Something is wrong though

• slick
    slick
    Community Member

This is actually happening to me as well even after reinstalling the 1password extension.

It could be because I'm using LibreWolf (a Firefox based browser). I don't have the integration with the Windows application turned on as recommended in an earlier thread about LibreWolf support and turning it on seems to cause no difference anyhow.

• Hey @Ashokleyland / @Edison517 / @slick:

This is something we're aware of, and hopefully should be fixed soon. Keep an eye out for updates!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#17935

• peejaybee
    peejaybee
    Community Member

Just adding information, I have this problem with Chrome 106.0.5249.119

• slick
    slick
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Understood, thanks for the update.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

The 1P Safari extension on my iPad seems to want the password frequently, it is not every time, but it certainly feels like it could be daily, despite the lock being set to weekly.

Is this the same problem as mentioned above?

• k3cua8
    k3cua8
    Community Member

I'm using the browser extension (v2.4.x) with the latest Brave Browser on macos. The extension locks much more frequently than previous versions and seems to ignore whatever value I put into "Lock after system is idle for".

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@k3cua8

I agree, it is still a problem.

This thread is very quiet so not sure if it is only impacting a few people and or whether 1P are struggling to get it fixed.

• k3cua8
    k3cua8
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P do you know if there is an issue we can track anywhere on this?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@k3cua8 just to check, do you also have the 1Password app installed on your Mac? Are you able to send over a screenshot of your auto-lock settings?

Here's how to find those settings:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon and select Settings.
    2. Go to Security and take a screenshot from there.

Once we get the info above, we'll be able to help further. Talk to you again soon.

• k3cua8
    k3cua8
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P thank you for reaching out. I do not use the 1Password app on macos, I only use the extension for Brave Browser.

Brave Browser version info: Release Notes v1.45.133 (Nov 25th, 2022) Upgraded Chromium to 107.0.5304.141. (#26965) (Changelog for 107.0.5304.141)
    Extension info: I just now upgraded the 1Password Brave Browser extension from 2.4.3 to 2.5.0.
    Here is the url for the extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa
    Here is a link to changes in version 2.5.0: https://releases.1password.com/b5x/stable/#whats-new
    One of the changes looks like it might be related: "Fixed over-aggressive locking behavior in Safari on macOS." So I'll see if the behavior improves.

Finally, what you asked for, here is a screen shot of my lock settings: https://imgur.com/a/FFn8F4c

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@k3cua8 Thanks for the info. Based on your description, it sounds like you have encountered a known issue with the auto-lock settings in the extension. The good news is that our developers have come up with a solution for the issue. However, the solution is not available yet. Hopefully it will be available soon.

When the solution is available, it will be present in the beta version of the extension first. You can get that here: https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-the-1password-extension

Until then, I recommend downloading and installing the 1Password app. With that installed, the auto-lock security for the browser extension will controlled from the app and the issue that you've encountered will not be present. If you'd like to get the app, here are a couple links to get started:

Download 1Password 8

How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• k3cua8
    k3cua8
    Community Member

Thanks for the info @Joy_1P

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@k3cua8 You are welcome!

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Can I please ask for clarity on what the known error is with the 1P Safari Extension on the iPad where it keeps locking. It just feels that I am constantly being asked for my password.

It maybe the Auto-Lock on Exit setting that is causing my problem which is set to 2 minutes but with Face ID enabled this should not matter, the problem seems to be that Face ID never seem to prompt on the iPad.

My iPhone is set the same but always uses Face ID.

Thank you for your support.

• jKvzu
    jKvzu
    Community Member

I have the same issue with Chrome always locking itself, except I'm on Windows. Every time I open the browser I have to enter my password, even if I'm unlocked on the desktop app.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both app and extension, as well as trying both betas. 'Connect with 1Password in browser' and 'Integrate with app' is ticked on the desktop app and extension, and autolock is ticked off on the extension.

This discussion has been closed.