Bug: can't copy field titles with recent nightly

Options

I'm on nightly and was creating a new record where I needed to copy/paste from an existing record.

I found I can no longer copy record or field titles.

I edit the record, copy the field title text, cmd-c it and it never ends up in the clipboard.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wagnerone, thank you for mentioning this! I just reproduced this in my own testing and have reported it to our developers. Thank you again for the observation - and we'll look into this.

ref: dev/core/core#17651

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I hope it's fixed soon.

Funny thing is I remember reporting it was impossible to copy the titles out of records in an older version of 1Password many years ago.

Mike

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this?

Since I can't safely duplicate a login because I can't scrub the "recent passwords" list, I am forced to copy and paste each field from one record to another in order to "duplicate" a record the long way.

If I can't copy the titles, I now have to type them manually and some of these are relatively complex. This is adding insult to injury. :(

• @wagnerone

Our development team have found the root cause of the issue and are working on fixing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you're doing this to avoid copying a password history, you could try making one blank version of the item from scratch and then Duplicate that as required, since it won't have any password history. From the sound of it, that might well achieve what you need. Give it a try and let us know how things go.

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent news. I have to duplicate various records with unique criteria in them to pass out credentials securely to staff for different projects, so a single template isn't a great workaround in this case unfortunately.

• Thanks for sharing these specifics, @wagnerone. We look forward to shipping the fix!

• asaferlich
    asaferlich
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I recently switched to 1password and since I imported passwords from lastpass any extra text ends up in the title text. This means a lot of that text contains sensitive information and being able to copy it out quickly is important. Happy to hear you are working on a fix. Thank you.

• jinux_go
    jinux_go
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P Hello. Does the "root cause" also affect that 1password won't let me copy "item" titles (not "field" titles)?

• @jinux_go – Yes. Item titles are essentially handled the same way as field labels, so will be included in that. :)

• Capricorn1
    Capricorn1
    Community Member
    Options

So when is it going to be fixed? Frustrating new users is not a great business model—especially for those who were already frustrated changing hundreds of passwords because LastPass could keep their gates secure.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

This was fixed in some nightly a few days ago. At least for me.

• asaferlich
    asaferlich
    Community Member
    Options

This latest update fixed it for me. Thank you very much.

• Thank you for the confirmation that the nightly fixed it for you, @Tertius3 and @asaferlich! Very appreciated.

If anyone is on the nightly and this isn't fixed, let us know! We do want to ensure this is fully resolved for you.

• asaferlich
    asaferlich
    Community Member
    Options

I am not using nightly build as far as I know. I tested this after a recent update. My version says "1Password for Mac 8.9.15". Double checked, my "Release channel" says "Production". Not Beta or Nightly.

• @asaferlich

If you like, you can try switching to the Nightly by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click the 1Password menu > Settings…
    3. On the Advanced tab, change the release channel to Nightly.
    4. After a minute or two, you’ll be offered an update. Restart 1Password from the banner that appears and it will update to the Nightly.

See how that goes and let me know if you run into any trouble.

• asaferlich
    asaferlich
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the instructions. I don't need to switch to nightly build as the fix is already in the main / production release.

• @asaferlich

Thanks for the heads up. I'm happy to hear things are readily available without needing to change builds.

This discussion has been closed.