Cannot use Sublime Merge and SSH key in 1Password

Options
berksgr
berksgr
Community Member

Hi, wondering how i can diagnose the issue as tried what I can.

I have Intellij working with SSH key inside 1Password but when I attempt to use Sublime Merge I just get

'Permission Denied(publickey) fatal: Could not read from remote repository. Please make sure you have the correct access rights'

When I use Intellij I get a dialog prompt from 1Password to auth. I get nothing when using Sublime Merge.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sublime merge

Comments

• A few questions:

• Does it work when invoking Git in your terminal?
    • Which version of Sublime Merge are you on?
    • What do you have set as the Git binary in the advanced settings?
  • berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks,

1) Yes, using /usr/bin/git
    2) version 2077
    3) System

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    Options

Guess something is missing in my env. If i invoke sublime merge from the command line then it works as expected. It I launch it from Spotlight / RayCast then it fails.

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    Options

Would something like https://evilmartians.com/chronicles/stick-with-security-yubikey-ssh-gnupg-macos help ?

i.e. linking $SSH_AUTH_SOCK to 1Password via launch control ?

• Did you set IdentityAgent in your SSH config?

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it has

Host *
    IdentityAgent "~/.1password/agent.sock"

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, any idea of a fix ?

Thanks

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    Options

Is there someone from 1Password who can help please. Now if i run Sublime Merge the whole app locks up if I do not run it from the command line to pickup the correct SSH agent.

At this point I will will stop having to use 1Password for SSH Agents as it's just creating too many issues.

Thanks

• Hi @berksgr:

To confirm, is IdentityAgent set in your SSH config, as well as SSH_AUTH_SOCK set as an environment variable? Additionally, if you're using ~/.1password/agent.sock as the location, have you created a symlink from the socket's original location in ~/Library/Group Containers? Get started Developer Documentation

Let me know.

Jack

• berksgr
    berksgr
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it works fine in other apps like Intellij. Just not Sublime Merge.

• Hi @berksgr:

Thanks for following up. In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.