Feature Request: Don't lock with Screensaver but User log-out/switch

GabrielBV
GabrielBV
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Windows

Hey there, I was faced with the situation, that I had to unlock 1PW in firefox many many times a day and didn't understand why. Just today, I realized the log-out happens when the screensaver kicks in. And working with an OLED Display, this happens every minute when inactive.

In the settings there is only on/off for this type of log-out. I would like to see an option to have the log-out work with user log out/switching, sleep mode but exclude the screen saver unless it logs out the user.

Thanks a lot! :-)
Gabriel

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Win10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

This is a Windows setting, not something 1Password can control. Whether Windows locks your PC if it starts the screen saver or not can be configured in the Windows classic control panel. I don't know how it is called in English, but in German it is this dialog:

• Hello @GabrielBV,

Thanks for your request. We have a feature request filed for some customers who have asked for granular settings when it comes to auto-locking 1Password 8. As you've noted, there is only a toggle for Lock 1Password when computer locks for all three cases - on sleep, screen saver, and fast user switching. I've cast a vote on your behalf! 👍

ref: IDEA-I-1000

• GabrielBV
    GabrielBV
    Community Member

@Tertius3 Thanks but this not the Problem. 1PW gets locked even when the screensaver does not lock windows.

@ag_mike_d thanks, highly appreciated!
    Gabriel

• You're most welcome, @GabrielBV. 😀

This discussion has been closed.