I have a Macbook air with 1pass 8.9.8 and an ipad with 1pass 8.9.7 Passwords won't autofill on the

nastynorman
nastynorman
Community Member

I have a Macbook air with 1pass 8.9.8 and an ipad with 1pass 8.9.7 Passwords won't autofill on the ipad without logging in a second time. In other words, I have to use my password twice every time to open a site. I have autofill turned. The laptop opens the sites fine. The ipad does not.

p.s. I found creating an account for the support site to be a pain in the butt.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 15.7
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:ipad logins

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022

Hello @nastynorman! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted for your password twice. Does this happen because the username and password fields are not filled at the same time on a particular website?

If you're using Safari then you can use our 1Password for Safari extension. 1Password for Safari features greatly improved filling capabilities and offers an experience that is similar to what you're already used to with 1Password for the browser on the desktop.

Here is a guide on how to enable 1Password for Safari on devices running iOS and iPadOS 15 or later: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave

• nastynorman
    nastynorman
    Community Member

The app is not filling in either the password or the username. This is happening for most of my sites.

I believe I am using the Safari extension but will check and make sure.

thanks

• nastynorman
    nastynorman
    Community Member

The app is not filling in either the password or the username. This is happening for most of my sites.

I believe I am using the Safari extension but will check and make sure.

thanks

• nastynorman
    nastynorman
    Community Member

I followed the instructions for extensions on the ipad. Using the puzzle icon, I never did see any icons under the 1Password option. However, for reasons unknown to me, it seems to be filling items now.

• Sounds good nastynorman. We'll be here if you happen to need us.

This discussion has been closed.