1Password CLI authentication stuck at a 30 minutes

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password seems to auto lock itself quickly despite my setting.

Comments

• tjsmith47
    tjsmith47
    Community Member
    Options

Stumbled upon this while searching for a similar solution regarding 1Password CLI authentication being stuck at a 30 minutes despite the option to change the interval in the less-complicated-to-navigate UI alternative. My company is trying to find an un-cumbersome way to integrate op cli for secret management for our developers and unless there is a way around having to sign in for every new terminal, or every time the op command is not used for 30 minutes, we would not be able to use it. Ideally, we'd authenticate only upon first terminal opening per sign in (possibly via integration with pinentry) and authentication of the UI and CLI would be synchronized.

While my concern may be best attached to its own issue, I'm commenting to see if there is any way someone who has both installed could be de-authenticated from the UI due to the 30 minute session lock in the CLI? Perhaps I am misinformed, but to my knowledge there is not a way to allow longer sessions in the CLI.

• tjsmith47
    tjsmith47
    Community Member
    Options

I've seen 30 minutes as well as 10 minutes referenced. I can confirm it is actually only 10.

This being said, I suppose my question is whether or not there are any methods for extending CLI authentication session duration, or if there is a method to tie authentication to the Mac Keyring like with Pinentry-Mac?

This discussion has been closed.