How many times do I have to enter my password for the Safari extension?

The Safari extension is very frustrating. I go to a website, have to click the extension, enter my 1Password password, then wait a bit and it works. Five minutes later on another site, I have to do the same thing again. How do I get it to remember that I've logged in already for longer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How many times do I have to enter my password for the Safari extension

Comments

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

There is a setting for that in theory. You can go to the Security section and make adjustments, but it looks like the extension (1Password for Safari 2.4.1) is not respecting the settings at all.

I tried to push the time quite a bit (4 hours) before it looks itself up, and regardless, after only a few minutes it's locked again :-\

Corentin

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @blipman, could you share a screenshot of your extension settings with the Security section like in the post above? You can get there by right-clicking the 1Password icon, selecting Settings, and going down to Security. Feel free to post the screenshot here.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cortig do you also use the 1Password on your computer? There's a known issue with the auto-lock settings in the extension when the 1Password app is not installed.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

@Joy_1P yes I do. I set the extension NOT to use the app because if I do so it takes sometimes minutes to unlock in Safari (I reported that issue ages ago actually).
    So the integration is turned off:

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@cortig Thanks for the information. Since the app integration is off, then it's possible that you are indeed running into the known issue that I had mentioned. Could you reproduce the behavior and then send us the following:

Attach the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

@Joy_1P
    Done!
    [#IGT-92452-442]

It took a bit longer to lock itself than in the recent days, but far less than the 4 hours I had set in the preferences for sure.

I suspect it locks itself up faster if I leave Safari alone for a while. It looks like it still is taking idling in as a criteria, just not for the proper time set in the preferences (meaning, it's not locking itself up after a few minutes regardless of whether you use Safari or not).

Corentin

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@cortig Thanks for that. I do see that one of my colleagues have replied to you. If you have any further questions, please let us know from the ticket. Thanks for your patience!

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Any update on the issue @Joy_1P ??
    It really is a pain to have to re-enter the password all the time…

Corentin

This discussion has been closed.