Existing 1password user, new install on win11 - chrome extension enabled - welcome page is blank

Options

Trying to get a new Dell XPS laptop up and running. I already have 1password successfully working on my old laptop. I have installed 1password 8.9.8 on the new XPS (Windows 11 home) and installed the chrome extension. The ctrl+/ shortcut doesn't work. I have pinned the extension to the chrome taskbar and when I click on it I get a blank page with the following address:

chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

I can do nothing with it.

The stand alone app is working fine - I just need to get the Chrome extension working please.

I have removed the extension, rebooted, re-installed the extension several times, to no avail.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: Windows 11 Home 22621.232
Browser:_ Chrome Version 107.0.5304.122 (Official Build) (64
Referrer: forum-search:windows chrome extension blank welcome page

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @CaptainCapricorn that is strange. Do you have any other extensions installed in Chrome? Are you able to log in to the extension even though the welcome page is blank? Could you send over a screenshot of the blank welcome page?

For help with taking screenshots, check out this link: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org. Please do not include any sensitive information like your passwords. Other than that though, please include as much of your browser window as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

• CaptainCapricorn
    CaptainCapricorn
    Community Member
    Options

It was really strange and very frustrating. However, whatever was wrong has 'fixed itself' ! :-) This morning it all seems to be working fine. Maybe there were software updates going on in the background at the time - this is a new laptop running windows 11 and there seemed to be a lot of 'independent' (i.e. not initiated by me) activity over the first couple of days of use.

All's well that ends well :-)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CaptainCapricorn glad to hear that things are well now! Let us know if you need help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.