I cannot open and fill on my MacBook Air, MacOS Ventura 13.0.1

Options
wlldragon1964
wlldragon1964
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I cannot open and fill on my MacBook Air when I use Safari. Software is MacOS Ventura 13.0.1. I've downloaded 1Password and 1Password7. I've restarted computer, tried Safari extension, and have spent a few hours. No problem with my iPhone 13.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot open and fill

Comments

• @wlldragon1964

You'll want to install 1Password in Safari on your Mac for use with 1Password 8. It sounds like you may not have done that and been attempting to use the older 1Password 7 extension. Please open it at least once and follow the directions being sure to allow it access to all sites. We need that permission to read (save details), write (fill details) on your behalf.

• wlldragon1964
    wlldragon1964
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Still does not work.
    I reinstalled 1 Password for Safari app, in addition to the 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 that I already have.
    Interestingly, the 1Password icon works if I use Chrome as my browser, meaning that when I use Chrome to open up a specific website, the 1Password logo appears in the username box that I can click, which autofills the username and password.
    For Safari, that logo does not appear nor can I open and fill a website if I start from the 1Password window.
    Please assist again. This is frustrating.

• Hi @wlldragon1964 ,

Would a 1Password icon appear in your Safari browser toolbar in the top left of right of the browser window?

If the 1Password icon isn't appearing in your Safari browser at all, if you open Safari Preferences (Safari > Preferences > Extensions) would 1Password appear under Extensions? If not, please try the steps below to see if they resolve the issue:

• In the 1Password for Mac app, click the Help menu and choose Troubleshooting, followed by Fix Missing Safari Extension.

This will rebuild the launch services database and should allow you to enable 1Password under Safari > Preferences > Extensions.

I hope this helps

-- Brendan

This discussion has been closed.