Feature Request: Allow easy copy of item names

Options
oliverroos
oliverroos
Community Member

Hi 1Password Team,

Could you please add a button or shortcut to simply copy the item name in 1Password Windows Client?
This is a common use case when using 1Password Secrets Automation with Kubernetes. As I do have to reference the item name in my Kubernetes files, I do need to copy that name.

Currently I have to edit the item, mark all content in name filed and then right click and copy (ctrl + c does not work!).

To convince you, I already draw an example how it could look ;)

Thank you,
Oliver

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello again @oliverroos,

Thanks again for your message and feature request for an option to be able to quickly copy the item name in 1Password 8. We are also tracking feature request, which I've added your vote to for the Product team.

ref: IDEA-I-1032

Currently I have to edit the item, mark all content in name filed and then right click and copy (ctrl + c does not work!).

After testing myself, I can see the ability right-click/copy or Ctrl + C for some fields and titles while editing, but this does not work specifically for an item's title - the cut/copy options are not available. We do have an issue filed with the Development team to look into this further and I've included your details there as well.

Do let us know if you have any other feedback to offer here. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#16160

• oliverroos
    oliverroos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d, thanks for letting me know about the internal feature request!

• You're most welcome, @oliverroos!

• oliverroos
    oliverroos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d , any updates on this after almost 4 months? At my side I have one, 1Password made it worse than before :(
    The workaround with edit the item, mark all content in name filed and then right click and copy is also gone ...

Why did 1Password that? Or is that option just missing on my client?

Thanks!

• Hello @oliverroos,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the troubles. The team has been working on this and has made improvements related to copying information from item fields in the latest 1Password for Windows 8.10.1-1 Beta. If you'd like to give this a try before these updates arrive in the Production version, you can use 1Password beta releases.

Please let us know if this helps!

• oliverroos
    oliverroos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d , I did switch to the beta release channel. At least we can now use ctrl+c to copy an item name when editing an item. Thanks!

Any plans to add an option to copy an item name without to edit the item?

• Hello again @oliverroos,

Glad to hear the beta helped. I have no news about options to an item name when not in edit mode, but I'm happy to pass this request along to the team for consideration.

ref: 31269796

This discussion has been closed.