Feedback in UI for the apps

fhbc
fhbc
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Business and Teams

Hey there,

I've had a really frustrating issue this week where a certain user of our business account was unable to log in to one of the services we use with a shared login.
I tried the same login and it worked no problem.

After some wild goose chasing, we figured out that he had enabled 2FA on his 1Password account and that the vaults would not sync (his item was last updated over a month ago while the last update to the item was in the last week).

He wasn't getting an error message (or at least we both missed it), restarting the apps didn't help and the browser extension happily autofilled the old login.

The solution in the end was to remove the account from the computer and log in again, that was the only way to get the app to ask for the 2FA code and re-sync the vaults.

He was using 1Password8, not sure which version on windows 10.

We have figured it out, so it's not a big deal to us anymore but I feel that this is something where you should get a big red error when your sign-in fails or syncing fails.

Looking forward to improvements in the UX :)

1Password Version: 8.x.x
Extension Version: x.x.x
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hello @fhbc,

Thanks for mentioning this issue with unsynced data causing confusion for your team. While I don't have a timeline regarding if or when this may be improved, I know this issue is on our developers radar. I'll add your voice to our tracking for this issue, and thank you for contributing to 1Passwords evolution.

The solution in the end was to remove the account from the computer and log in again, that was the only way to get the app to ask for the 2FA code and re-sync the vaults.

If you encounter this kind of problem again, please email support@1password.com and ask for help. Resetting an unsynced device has some risk of data loss and we can help determine if that is likely to happen, plus share other ways the user may be able to get back in sync without risking any loss of data.

Cheers,

ref: IDEA-I-1505

This discussion has been closed.