Where is 2.4.x for Firefox?

I'd like to get the latest version for Firefox, but it's not available. I can get it for Chrome, Safari, and Brave - any idea why it's taking so long to show up for Firefox users?

From the add-on page at addons.firefox.com:

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.6.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• halshak
    halshak
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

Cool, glad you're ignoring people who pay for their 1password subscription.

• Hi @halshak,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You're right, version 2.4.1 is not yet available for Firefox. I would recommend following the steps in this guide to ensure your extensions update automatically when a new version is available.

In the meantime, you are welcome to try out the beta release of 1Password in your browser which you can find here.

I hope this helps!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I'm also trying out Firefox, and I'm on version 2.3.8 of the stable release of 1Password in the browser. Although version 2.4.1 is available since October 28, 2022 there is no update available for Firefox.

https://releases.1password.com/b5x/stable/#changelog

Why does that take so long? When using Brave / Vivaldi new versions came at release day into the store. πŸ€”

• @DenalB

We submitted 2.4.1 to Mozilla a few days ago, but we're currently waiting for approval from their end of things. Hopefully the Firefox team approves the update and pushes it to the extension store soon. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks, @Dave_1P ! Letβ€˜s hope they will approve it soon.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Still no v2.4.1 for Firefox available ... Why does it take so long? πŸ€”

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

@halshak
    This has taken so long with Firefox in the past. At that time I asked critical questions and I was put under moderation. :(
    Please be careful. :)

• petos
    petos
    Community Member

Its been two weeks, is there an update?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Still v2.3.8 ... ☹️

Some days ago I switched to the beta build and here the extension is coming from 1Password, I think. There was an update and it was available immediately.

https://1password.com/browsers/beta/firefox/
    https://releases.1password.com/b5x/beta/#changelog

• Hey DenalB,

Thanks for the assist. The update is still awaiting approval to my understanding. Apologies for the delay folks.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey Tommy,

But why does it take so long? When I wrote my post, there was v2.4.1 available. In the meantime there was v2.4.2 and now there is v2.4.3 available. Strange ... Isn't it?

• In all my years here I seem to recall Firefox being the one which typically took a longer approval time. It could be their process. Sorry, I would need to defer to someone on the extensions team for a greater understanding.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Is it right, that the beta build is not approved from Firefox? Because I can download it from 1Password only. πŸ€”

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I think there is a problem between Firefox and 1 password.

• @DenalB

That is correct, the beta is self hosted and has not been approved by Firefox. Our developers are working hard to get the latest version to Firefox and to increase the scope of browser support across the board. While we can't make any promises for an exact date, we are hoping to have it available in the near future.

I hope that information was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback on how we can improve 1Password. :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @ChrisC1P !

That is correct, the beta is self hosted and has not been approved by Firefox.

So I'll stay with the beta build in Firefox. Then I will get the latest release on point. πŸ˜‰

• Hey @DenalB,

Good choice, you can then enjoy all of our new features and fixes as soon as they are available! 😁

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes, @steph.giles !

I have been using beta versions of 1Password for a long time ... πŸ˜‰

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB - We sincerely appreciate your support! 😁

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Sorry for bringing this up again, but Firefox is still showing version 2.3.8 from September... this is getting silly. I finally caved and installed the 2.6.0 beta.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @moonpup !

I finally caved and installed the 2.6.0 beta.

That's what I did, too, and I'll stay with the beta. πŸ˜‰

• jashansen
    jashansen
    Community Member

@DenalB - just did the same.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

I use the beta in Firefox most of the time, and it has worked well for me over the last two years. I hope you all have a good experience with it. Let us know if you run into any issues.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I will wair for the Final.
    When will the FF Users get the Update?

• ich
    ich
    Community Member

@moonpup 2.5.0 is out. According to their webiste it got updated 7 days ago...

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member

Yesterday I checked addons.mozilla.org and it showed 2.3.8 as the latest version

• Hey @blaxxz, @dserodio,

Version 2.5.0 has indeed now been released in Firefox πŸ™‚

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

The update is here.
    The 2FA input on GMX works perfectly again. :)

But the time to update takes far too long for Firefox.

This discussion has been closed.