I can't use a shared vault between two accounts, my personal and my work account

Options
dgbausfi
dgbausfi
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Business and Teams

I have a shared vault in my personal family account, and I have added my work account as a user to try and share it with, so that I can access some of my personal passwords from my work computer, but the vault does not show up in my work account.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: Version 2.4.3
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:shared vault not working across accounts

Comments

• Hi @dgbausfi,

For some background, every 1Password account is its own isolated "silo" - so if you have two 1Password accounts, you'll need to sign into them separately to view each set of vaults on 1Password.com. That said, you can add both accounts (personal and work) to the 1Password applications on your devices to view vaults from both your accounts. Please note that the shared vault in your family account will not appear when signed in only to your work account - this vault only exists in the family account.

To access different 1Password accounts and move or copy items between them, follow the steps below:

How to add another 1Password account to the apps

Just to check, after confirming the above, are you able to view the shared vault in your family account alongside your other account and vaults in the 1Password desktop or mobile app?

• dgbausfi
    dgbausfi
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_max ah, i see. that makes sense then, thanks for the info! I am easily able to sign into the native app easily with touch ID but the browser extension is always asking for both passwords which is quite annoying after a while. Perhaps just using the native app will be the way to go. Thanks again!

• Happy to assist.

I am easily able to sign into the native app easily with touch ID but the browser extension is always asking for both passwords which is quite annoying after a while.

Even if you're using different passwords for each of your 1Password accounts, unlocking 1Password with Touch ID should also unlock all your accounts in the 1Password extension. You can make sure the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting is enabled:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, and select Settings.
    2. Under General, toggle on the Integrate with 1Password app setting.
      • If the setting is already toggled on, untoggle and retoggle it.
    3. Quit your browser and 1Password, in that order.
    4. Restart 1Password and your browser and try unlocking the 1Password extension.

Does that allow you to access all your accounts without having to enter both passwords?

This discussion has been closed.