Exporting items/vaults in 1Password 8

Options

I'm not sure where the right place to put this is, but I just realized we can no longer export individual/multiple items or export entire vaults. We have a vault-per-customer model, and one of our customers recently got acquired and is leaving us. I need to be able to export their vault. I've seen some workarounds involving tagging items and then filtering a CSV export by that, but that's a severe regression from just selecting a bunch of items and choosing export.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.5.0
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @computeruser,

In 1Password 8, you're able to export data from all vaults where you have the correct permissions to do so. I can confirm it isn't possible to export select items or entire vaults at this time.

With the above in mind, to export a specific vault or select items within a vault, it will be necessary for these users to uninstall 1Password 8 and temporarily install 1Password 7 for Windows or Mac.

Alternatively, any team members who are departing can move their data to a new 1Password account, if they wish to keep using 1Password:

Offboard a team member

I've also passed on your feedback to the rest of the team. I can definitely see how the ability to export specific items and vaults would also be useful in version 8.

ref: IDEA-I-777

• computeruser
    computeruser
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up tagging all the items in the vault for that customer, and then doing a full export and trimming all but said tagged items. doesn't feel good to do it that way but it worked for now 🤷‍♀️

thanks for forwarding this feedback on, being able to export specific items (or at least specific vaults) would be extremely useful.

• Glad to hear you found success with the tag method. Rest assured your feedback should help the team make improvements with 1Password 8.

This discussion has been closed.