1Password 8 issues - virtually unusable?

Options
eljt1
eljt1
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

In a word, wow. Since upgrading to 1P 8, this went from one of my favorite apps that I recommended to everyone to my least favorite. It is a constant struggle to do ANYTHING with 1P now and takes extra time and extra steps, and is just a source of constant friction.

I'm using it on a Mac on OS 12.4 in Safari. The issues:

1) The 1P icon in the username/password field in a website is completely broken. Works 0% of the time.
2) The toolbar icon in Safari is broken most of the time? It shows 1P as locked, even though the app is open and unlocked in a window next to my browser. Clicking the icon just brings up a window that says "Open 1Password" and clicking on that does nothing.
3) Filling saved passwords barely works (dependent on #2 above, but even when that opens, it can't fill properly or takes 15 seconds to do so)
4) When I was able to get the toolbar icon to work, on a website it would show me no results for a solid 5 seconds, and then the password suggestions would show up.
5) Unlocking 1P using TouchID on my Mac also is buggy.
6) I'm using 1P for Teams and have shared vaults and it constantly defaults to saving things in my "personal" vault that I do not want or use, and I've set the default vault to something else and it still saves things in Personal.

I now have to search for websites in the app, and copy and paste them into the browser. Not sure what happened, but this is a total failure for me from version 7 and I'm ready to downgrade.

I've reinstalled the app, reinstalled the browser extension, etc etc. Nothing has seemed to help.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @eljt1,

I'm sorry to hear you are having many issues with 1Password and our team will be happy to help figure out what is going on.

There are a couple of different troubleshooting techniques that I would like to try and many of them require screenshots and to keep your information private, please email us at support+x@1password.com.

In the email, please include your username: @[USERNAME] and a link to this thread. That way we have everything in one place. You will receive an automatic reply from BitBot, our helpful robot assistant, which will include a Support ID that looks similar to [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here and I will be able to locate your conversation with us.

Josh

This discussion has been closed.