Firefox extension wants to log directly into website, not talk to app?

chartier
chartier
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey everyone! Got a strange issue here: 1P8 on Mac (website, not MAS) talks to the Safari extension fine. But when I install the Firefox extension, it wants me to log directly into the website instead of talking to the installed app. Is this expected behavior? Seems weird. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hello @chartier! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working properly with your browser. It sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browser and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. To fix this please do the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• chartier
    chartier
    Community Member

Hrm, I tried this but Firefox is still prompting me to log into the website instead of talking to the Mac app. Could Ventura be part of the problem here?

• chartier
    chartier
    Community Member

Bumping this. I've tried this and other troubleshooting, such as removing 1P from Firefox and re-adding it from Mozilla's extension directory. It still opens a webpage to log into 1Password, instead of just talking to the app. Is this how it's supposed to work in Firefox?

• Hey @chartier

I apologise that your previous question was missed.

Can you start by right clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and check that the 'Integrate with 1Password app' setting is enabled?

In addition, can you check your security settings in Firefox and make sure it is not set to 'Never remember history'.

Let me know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.