Face recognition

Options
Eje
Eje
Community Member

Why is face recognition inactivated in 1Password in my OnePlus Nord? I unlock the phone with face recognition

Comments

• Hi @Eje, thanks for your question.

To use face unlock, 1Password requires devices to use Google's native Biometric framework as well as use strong encryption. On the majority of Android devices, face unlock is considered a "weak" biometric factor. This is due in part to the fact that most Android devices do not have IR or depth sensing cameras to scan facial biometry. Without that, a photo or video could trick Biometric unlock. To clarify, many devices have a facial scanner, but may not support Google's native Biometric framework as well as support strong encryption. Currently, a very limited number of Android devices have this support.

If your device has a fingerprint scanner you can use your fingerprint instead to unlock 1Password. Thanks again!

• Eje
    Eje
    Community Member
    Options

I understand. Thanks for your answer

• Happy to help!

• Erndog9
    Erndog9
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

I have a Samsung S10. does this device support facial recognition on 1password? I unlock my phone with facial recognition

• Hi @Erndog9, thanks for your question. It doesn't look like the S10 has any IR or facial depth sensing technology in the selfie camera so I don't think it would meet our requirements for Face unlock. If available, you could use Fingerprint unlock instead to unlock 1Password.

• Erndog9
    Erndog9
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

Ok! :( thank you for the quick reply Unfortunately, I am not imipressed with the S10 fingerprint recognition. Very seldom works.

• Happy to help @Erndog9! I'm sorry to hear the fingerprint scanner on your S10 is a bit inconsistent though 😔.

This discussion has been closed.