Icon of 1Password on my Mac turned blue - in Dock and Launchpad

Options
Mentbase
Mentbase
Community Member

Suddenly, the icon for 1Password on my MacBook become blue. It's the same in the Dock and Launchpad.

1Password Version: 8.9.10 (80910026)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Monterey v12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Icon of 1Password on my Mac turned blue - in Dock and Launchpad

Comments

• Hi there @Mentbase

If you're seeing the "blueprint" style of icon, that means you're either on the Beta or Nightly versions of 1Password:

We’ve updated the icon of the beta version of the app to better distinguish it from the production version.

— from the release notes for 1Password Beta

The Production (stable, non-beta) version of 1Password has the usual style of icon.

Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• Mentbase
    Mentbase
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, GreyM1P. Just a clarification: I am using 1Password on both of my MacBook's, and on both it's installed as Beta. But on the MacBook with Monterey OS the app's icon has turned blue, while on another MacBook, which I updated to Ventura, the app's icon is still 'normal'. Any explanation?

• @Mentbase – Can you tell me what version of 1Password is running on each Mac? (Click the 1Password menu > About 1Password) The new icon was introduced as of version 8.9.10-26, so if it's older than that, or not on the Beta or Nightly channels, that would explain it.

• Mentbase
    Mentbase
    Community Member
    Options

It's exactly the version I have on my 2nd MacBook with Ventura v13.0.1 installed. - See the attachment.

• @Mentbase

Thank you for the screenshot. When 1Password is open do you see a black dot underneath the 1Password icon in your Dock? Your screenshot is cropped so I can't tell if it's there.

Can you try the following to refresh the icons in your Dock:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your menubar and click Quit.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac: Open or quit Terminal on Mac - Apple Support
    3. Type in: killall Dock
    4. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
    5. Open and unlock 1Password.

If that still doesn't change the icon then can you restart your Mac to see if that jumpstarts things? I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Mentbase
    Mentbase
    Community Member
    Options

There is the dot - the app is opened:

• Mentbase
    Mentbase
    Community Member
    Options

Then I went through the steps you've instructed.
    Now the icon is blue. It confirms that the app is now presented as supposed to, but that 'characterless' icon is not what I'd like to see on my screen.
    Well... will learn to live with it.

• @Mentbase

If you'd prefer to switch to the production version (which has an icon similar to what you would have seen previously) then this article will show you how: To stop using the beta.

That being said, I've filed a feature request on your behalf to allow users to choose which icon they see when using the beta version. While I can't make any promises, the product team will consider the request. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-2337

• Mentbase
    Mentbase
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much, Dave!
    Appreciated it.

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.