4.1b7 iPad Landscape Search Results Display Corrupted After Lock/Unlock

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited December 2012 in iOS
Is this bug reproducible?

Yes in 4.1b7.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

iPad in landscape orientation

A quick summary of the bug:

Search results display becomes corrupted after lock/unlock on iPad in landscape orientation.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

1. Open 1PW in demo mode on iPad in landscape orientation. Navigate to the logins list and type the letter k into the search box. You will see the following screen. First problem is that the Airmiles item is displayed even though it is not selected.

Photo%20Skitch%20Document.jpg

2. Assuming lock settings are appropriate, switch to another app to cause 1PW to lock. Go back to 1PW and unlock the demo again. You will see the following display in which the search results list now has the alphabetic separator bars overlaid on it and corrupting the search list display.

Photo%20Skitch%20Document.jpg

Comments

• Hi Penelope

Thank you for submitting this bug report. I was able to reproduce this as well, following your instructions. I have filed an issue in our bug tracking system so we can resolve this in an upcoming beta release.

The Airmiles item is showing in the detail view as that was the last item selected. In your particular case you probably didn't actually select Airmiles, but 1Password will select the first item in the category list by default. Until you actually tap on another item (say Kayak in your example above) the previously shown item will stay in the categories detail view.

Thank-you,
    -Jeff
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Thanks Jeff

Personally I think showing the Airmiles item is illogical. It doesn't appear in the left panel of search results anywhere so I don't think it should be visible. If 1PW is supposed to select the first thing in the list, it should select the first of the search results IMO. I think that would be more intuitive.
  • Hi Penelope

Airmiles would have been selected when first opening 1Password in demo mode, as it defaults to the Categories tab and Airmiles is at the top of the All Items list in the Categories view. However, I can see how that might be confusing. Thank you for your continuing feedback, it is very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.