1Password 8 quick access doesn't auto fill with favourites

mt0987654345678
mt0987654345678
Community Member

In the previous version, I could perform the key sequence for quick access and it's have my favourite selected which I could then copy the password doing CMD+SHIFT+C.

However since updating to version 8, this is no longer the case and I now need to search for the item before doing CMD+SHIFT+C.

Is there any way to fix this without downgrading to the previous version?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8 quick access doesn't auto fill with favourites

Comments

• Hi @mt0987654345678, πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Thanks for sharing your use case with us. While it isn't currently possible to "pin" items to always show when you open Quick Access, we do have an open feature request for this and I've added a vote on your behalf!

In the meantime, since you specifically mention copying a password, could you tell me if you're also launching websites from Quick Access? If not, and you're already on a website when you invoke Quick Access, it should be able to detect what website/app you're using and offer an appropriate login. In other words, if you're already on the website you won't have to search in Quick Access.

If this isn't the case for you, I recommend double checking that the item you're looking for has a matching website:

Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

ref: IDEA-I-902

• mt0987654345678
    mt0987654345678
    Community Member

Hello Andrew,

I use quick access to copy my password to the clipboard when needed in non web browser applications (eg Terminal) so it doesn't prefill. I have had to rolled back to the previous version (7) since the new version affects my workflow.

Thanks.

• benw01
    benw01
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

+1 on this for me. I have a single password that I have to paste into my terminal very regularly, so I have that one entry favourited, and Quick Access set to display favourites. That way my paste-that-regular-password workflow is just cmd+\, cmd+shift+c, cmd+v. If that breaks, I'll have to re-train all my muscle memory. I'm holding off on the 1Password 8 upgrade because of this.

• Hi @mt0987654345678 and @benw01,

Thanks for this additional info, I'll add these notes to that feature request I mentioned. The examples give us context for future decisions so I really appreciate you both sharing them. I can't make any promises but if you're keen to know what changes are coming to 1Password 8, I recommend the 1Password for Mac Beta Release Notes.

I hope we'll be able to win you over to the latest version in the future. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again. 😊

ref: IDEA-I-902

This discussion has been closed.