How can I stop the application window from staying open after logging into 1Password via Chrome?

benbowman
benbowman
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Windows

With the previous version of 1Password (7?), I would be prompted, while using Chrome, to log into the service after a timeout. I would log in on a pop up window, and would then be returned directly/immediately to the website I had been logging into.

Now, with version 8, I still see an option to log into 1Password, but when I log in the windows application window remains active and forefront. I have to switch to the mouse and x out of the application window to resume my login process on Chrome.

It's small but supremely irritating. Please advise!

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.5
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:App window pops up when logging in via browser

Comments

• Hello @benbowman,

Thanks for your message. I've done some testing with 1Password 8 after it's auto locked, but not seeing this behaviour with the Windows app remaining active and in focus. Could you please reply with the list of steps to reproduce along with any settings that maybe relevant. For example, when unlocking 1Password again, are you using Windows Hello?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• benbowman
    benbowman
    Community Member

Thank you for taking a look at this!

I'm not using Windows Hello.

I'm attaching some screenshots as an example. In this case for advanceautoparts.com, where I don't have an account. But you can still see the window behavior.

1. When I click the sign-in fields, I'm prompted to use 1password via the icon in the right hand of the box.

2. When I click the icon, the 1password window pops up.

3. I sign in.

4. The 1password window remains, now unlocked and showing my various logins etc.

• ag_mike_d
    edited December 2022

Hello again @benbowman,

I'm sorry for the delay over the weekend and appreciate you providing these additional details about not using Windows Hello. I have followed the steps you've provided without Windows Hello and no matter what, I've been unable to reproduce this behaviour with 1Password 8.

Could you send along these details and a diagnostics report from your Windows PC via email? I'd like to engage the wider team for help and a better understanding of why you may be encountering this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• benbowman
    benbowman
    Community Member

Thank you!

Support ID is [#FAZ-34266-972]

• ag_mike_d
    edited December 2022

Hello again @benbowman,

Sorry I missed this update. Thanks for sending along the support ID number.

I just wanted to send along a quick update. I've had a colleague test also test out these steps. We've tried with 1Password 8 minimized and leaving it in focus while it auto-locks. In all cases we're still seeing the expected behaviour of the app staying minimized or in the background once the account password sign in has been completed.

I filed an issue with our Development team in hopes they can share more details.

Thanks for your time and let us know if you need anything further, in the meantime.

ref: FAZ-34266-972
    ref: dev/core/core#18855

This discussion has been closed.