help with understanding apple watch integration

Options
macsearcher
macsearcher
Community Member

Hello,
I'm hoping to use my apple watch to fill all username/password fields on either my mac laptop (I mostly use Safari) or my iphone

• Am I misunderstanding the usability of the Apple watch?

• I've imported iCloud into the apps both on my phone and computer but aside from adding one at a time, I can't see how to import all of that info into my watch.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:apple watch

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @macsearcher

Thanks for taking the time to write in about 1Password on the Apple Watch. As it stands, there is no filling mechanism in the Apple Watch app. The watch app can display items that you've added to 1Password, but it cannot do any filling.

I'm hoping to use my apple watch to fill all username/password fields on either my mac laptop (I mostly use Safari) or my iphone

I don't know that this is even technically possible to be honest, but it is a really neat idea! I'll be happy to share it with the rest of the team. 😊

I've imported iCloud into the apps both on my phone and computer but aside from adding one at a time, I can't see how to import all of that info into my watch.

In order for a 1Password item to show on Apple Watch it must be tagged as such. You can learn more about applying tags to items here:

Organize with favorites and tags

If you want all of your items to appear, you could use 1Password for Mac to select all of them ( ⌘+A ), and then drag them to the Apple Watch tag in the sidebar. Then launch and unlock 1Password on your iPhone to sync those changes to the watch.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.