Feature Request: When showing password, show difference between lower and upper case letters

jorismathijssen
jorismathijssen
Community Member

Maybe this is already a feature and am I missing a setting somewhere, but I'm missing this feature for a while now.

When I reveal my password or when I show it in “large type”, there is a different color for numbers (blue) and symbols (red)

Wouldn't it be helpful to use a color (green, yellow) for the capital letters? Sometimes i don't know the difference between I (capital i) and an l (lower L), It would also help me a bit with the easier letters.

(disclaimer: password is randomly generated, so not for any of my account ;) )

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited December 2022

Hello @jorismathijssen,

Thanks for your message and feature request! You're not missing any additional options here, but we do have a feature request open with our Product team to look into making improvements for ambiguous characters. While I can't make promises, we appreciate the suggestion and I've included your thoughts for the team. 👍

ref: IDEA-I-888

• jorismathijssen
    jorismathijssen
    Community Member

Thank you! :D

• Hi @jorismathijssen! On behalf of my colleague Mike, you're very welcome 😄 if you have any further questions or issues, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

This discussion has been closed.