2FA not working on Amazon

Options
George47
George47
Community Member

This is my first attempt at using 2FA in my iphone. I don't know if i did something wrong or if there's a 1password problem. I did get the codes entered in the required time. I tried 6 times to get into my Amazon account. Finally had to get an SMS from them. Amazon doesn't like 1password's OTP. I attached a screenshot. This is ios 16.1,2.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 16..1.2
Browser:_ safari

Comments

• @George47

The principal reason a 2FA code doesn't work is that your computer's time is slightly off. 2FA codes are generated by your device using the current time, and they change about every thirty seconds. If your computer clock drifts/differs from the server, a wrong code will be generated. Another way to put it is with the clocks on your computer, and the server differs, and a mismatch in the 2FA codes occurs, resulting in an inability to log in.

I would check and make sure the time is set correctly on your device. Does it automatically update itself? If not, try enabling automatic updating. I like to use https://time.is to check my device time. Nowadays, most all devices set their time automatically. However, hiccups still happen. I have had to toggle my "Set time automatically" settings from On > Off > On.

Also, giving your device a restart may help alleviate any transient issues. The last few users that I helped with this reported that a restart solved their issue. Please be sure to give that a go.

• George47
    George47
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• You're most welcome. Let us know if the issue is not resolved. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.