The tag field doesn't work anymore on 1Password 7 in macOS Ventura

awachter
awachter
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I can no longer reliably edit the tag field in Logins on 1Password 7 on macOS Ventura. It used to work perfectly until - I guess - the latest update. Now, in order to update the tag field, I have to edit the tag field on my iPhone 1Password 7 (which still works) and then sync my iPhone with my Mac. What is going on?

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tag doesn't work anymore on macOS

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2022

@awachter

can no longer reliably edit the tag field in Logins on 1Password 7

What is the issue? I just tested this, and had no issues. Can you descibe the issue you're seeing?

• awachter
    awachter
    Community Member

The issue is this: when I open one of my Logins e.g., my AAA account, everything is fine and it shows the tag (in my case car and subscriptions). However, when I hit the edit button, the tags disappear and I am unable to modify my existing tabs (car and subscriptions in this example) add another tag or delete an existing tag. Now this is on 1Password 7 on macOS Ventura. If I open 1Password 7 on my iPhone 13 Pro, everything is fine and I can modify all tags. So the only way to edit/modify tags is by way of my iPhone and then sync to my Mac. I can no longer edit tags directly within 1Password 7 on my Mac. This is new behavior. I've never had any problems with tags or anything else for that matter before. I prefer to edit my 1Password 7 entries on my Mac and then sync to my iOS devices. That's much more convenient than using the small screen of the iPhone. But that doesn't seem to work anymore.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@awachter

I wonder why we see different behaviors.

• awachter
    awachter
    Community Member

Yeah, so do I. It doesn't happen on all Login records. But most of them don't show existing tags anymore after hitting the edit button and I am unable to add new tags. Once I hit cancel or save, I can see my tags again.

• HackintoshHD
    HackintoshHD
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

I'm on Ventura 13.1 and I've the very same problem as @awachter - I only see the title 'tags' in edit mode, but no tags below it.

Here's the workaround I've to apply:

1. Click on the edit button to get into the edit mode for an item with tags. Once the edit mode is active, you'll still see the heading 'tags', but no longer the tags themselves.
    2. While you're still in edit mode, change the size of the middle panel, i.e. the list of items by moving the horizontal separator line that's separating the list from the edit panel for the entry you're currently editing. The tags will now reappear. Now you can edit them.
    3. Click on the save button to save your changes.
  • HackintoshHD
    HackintoshHD
    Community Member

@MrC Which application did create your GIF file?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@HackintoshHD

SnagIt.

• awachter
    awachter
    Community Member

@HackintoshHD

Thanks!

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

v7 desktop app can no longer edit tags. I can see the tags but if I click to edit an entry, the tag field is empty and not editable.

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.8 (70908000)
    1Password Store

macOS Ventura 13.1

1Password Version: 7.9.8
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: 13.1
    Browser:_ Chrome

• fongd
    fongd
    Community Member

This is happening to me too but only for some password entries—I can add tags to some but not all. For the ones I can't add tags to, I have to resort to using the 1Password 8 app on my iPhone to edit tags, which DO show up in the 1Password 7 app on Mac but remain uneditable.

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2023

Hi @411pass and @fongd, thank you for your reports of this issue.

Just to confirm: is this occurring in 1Password mini, the main app, or both?

In any case, we are collecting details on this to report to our developers, so we'll make sure this gets passed on. Thank you for letting us know of the problem!

ref: dev/apple/issues#5714

• fongd
    fongd
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P appears to be happening in both but definitely in the main app since that's the place where I normally make my edits.

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member

It happens in both.

• bitsme
    bitsme
    Community Member

For me, it happens intermittently. If I keep trying to Edit, then eventually the tag field will appear properly. I would say it fails about 20% of the time.

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P Any update on this issue please?

• Hi @411pass 👋 No further news on this one yet, apologies. But we will make sure to share more when we have any updates for you - and thank you for your patience.

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member

Same for me. Some random items I cannot edit tags. Under Ventura and 1password 7 (latest version). Please fix this, anticipate using 7 for a long time. Thanks.

• jwohlfeil
    jwohlfeil
    Community Member

@HackintoshHD Thanks for your tipp, it's working for me, too!

• kongaloosh
    kongaloosh
    Community Member

@HackintoshHD This worked perfectly on 1password 7.9.10 on macOS 13.4. I was trying to batch add tags while viewing an Archive (which doesn't seem possible, sadly) before moving all items from a standalone vaults archive to the archive of a cloud vault (still not sure if this is possible) and then realized I could add or edit tags at all. Thanks!

• @kongaloosh

I'm happy to hear that you were able to workaround the issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.