Issues after conversion

Options
buffalobillfan
buffalobillfan
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Windows

After converting from Lastpass, I have small issues with the result.

1. A few items were place in the wrong category and I need to move them. I know from other posts that this cannot be done. Add my vote for adding this new feature. BTW, the category of an item is not shown anywhere that I could see, which makes it difficult to locate certain items.

2. One of these items is my health card which was placed in the credit card category (it is not a payment card). It was given the VISA icon. I want to change the icon to one of the other built-in icons which is more suitable, but they are not offered as a choice. Only external files can be selected, but I cannot find where 1P's icon library is located. Are these built-in icons accessible?

3. Feature request: One of the attributes of categories is that they provide a template for fields. It will be helpful for items, such as health card, to be able to add custom categories for items that don't fit any built-in ones.

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @buffalobillfan !

BTW, the category of an item is not shown anywhere that I could see, which makes it difficult to locate certain items.

There is a setting to bring the categories into the sidebar. But in an item the category is not visible, that's correct.

Only external files can be selected, but I cannot find where 1P's icon library is located.

That's correct. You are only able to upload an external icon file. There is no possibility to switch to an internal icon. You could only create a new item in another category, so it will get another default icon.

It will be helpful for items, such as health card, to be able to add custom categories for items that don't fit any built-in ones.

Actually, there is no possibility to edit the default templates. As a workaround, you could create an item and add / delete the fields you need / don't need. Then use this item as your own template and duplicate it when creating new items in this category. That's what I do when creating new items for Software Licenses.

• Hello @buffalobillfan - Welcome to 1Password!

Regarding the feature request for the ability to change the category of an item, I've added vote on your behalf. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your assistance here @DenalB, much appreciated!

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

ref: IDEA-I-844

• buffalobillfan
    buffalobillfan
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB Thank you for your suggestions.

I do have Categories turned on, but that is useful only if you already know the category of the entry. My problem is that I have found the item, but I don't know where it was placed by the conversion process.

You could only create a new item in another category, so it will get another default icon.

Your correct, but I should not have to do that to fix an obvious error, and the other category may not be appropriate for the item.

As a workaround, you could create an item and add / delete the fields you need / don't need. Then use this item as your own template and duplicate it when creating new items in this category. That's what I do when creating new items for Software Licenses.

This can be a lot of work when there are many fields. See my other related post on using forms:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/667052#Comment_667052

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@buffalobillfan

This can be a lot of work when there are many fields.

That's a good point. For me, it's a perfect workaround to create new entries for Software Licenses. 😉

This discussion has been closed.